Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Website Updates

Well, I implemented multithreading into the terrain editor, and then it hit me at the very end that while it all does work as expected, the entire algorithm itself suffers from its own race condition. Particle deposition sort of relies on iteratively working the environment, and as far as I can tell at the moment, there is no real good way to split this task up other than just doing it.

This means optimizations could be made in the current search range, I bet there's a lot of unnecessary overlap that could be removed. At the end of the day though, it's a tool and it's forming the map, so speed is not that big of a concern. Besides, it's pretty damn fast as it is as long as the particle range threshold isn't set ridiculously high.

In other news, added a soundcloud widget to me website and worked on a bit of music. Today feels kind of like a bust because I did all this research into implementing multi threading well and then it ends up my fear came true and I can't even use it with my central algorithms! Haha. But more important: now what to read. >_< Soo many freaking tabs man, will I ever get through them all!?

No comments:

Post a Comment