Friday, October 30, 2009

Visual Studio 2010

Soo I have some time before class and was going to give VS2010 a spin. Reading the What's New was awesome, static_asserts for C++ sound great, concurrency system, hooray! I had also heard they gave C++ a GUI editor much like VB/C#'s. Well, I tried creating a New Project, of Win32 calibre, with default settings (not empty project), and upon compilation with no changes...errors.

Boo! So next I tried Console with empty project. Well, same error. Link.exe exits with code 1.

Apparently in Microsoft.Cpp.Win32.Targets this is the offending line:



Not enough time before class to mess with it, so whatever. Otherwise things seem pretty nice, typing the little bit I did in the new editor with its anti-aliased text and whatnot was nice, although I remember reading that Intellisense is missing out on lots of normal features in this edition of C++, at least for now? Wonder if Visual Assist X will put these back in.

Oh well, back to '08 for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment